Sunday, August 5, 2012

The Fleamarket Raid

Sunday means fleamarket day! I know fleamarkets normally get a bad rep (alot of them definitely deserve it), you may be lucky enough to find a treasure trove of knick knacks! If you love DIYs and crafts, fleamarkets are the perfect place for you.                                      
I purchased all four of these shirts for the incredibly reasonable
 price of two dollars. "Those aren't very attractive..." you say? Oh don't you worry, I have major reconstructive plans for these abandoned clothes. The green tank? I'm thinking a headscarf. The "London" shirt will probably be converted into a nice comfy tank (stay tuned for my "British invasion post)! The destinies of the two button downs and the scarves are yet to be determined. If you're experimenting on a DIY project, I highly recommend thrifting for clothes at fleamarkets, Salvation Army, and Goodwill because if you accidently mess up then you lose a grand total of only about 50 cents. 
  
My new silver pocketwatch has got to be one of my favorite buys of the day. A few months ago, my parents got me a gorgeous pocketwatch necklace I had been begging them for. It was $30 so would expect it to last for a while, right? WRONG! The watch broke about two weeks after I received it in the mail. How much was the fleamarket pocketwatch? $8 including a replacement battery. Enough said ;) 









Since the first day of school is just around the corner (unfortunately), I had my eye out for quirky stuff to start the year off right with. First things that caught my attention were these super adorable bows that came in a rainbow of color and patterns. Best characteristic about the bows was their price, just one dollar each! An irresistable buy :) Next treasure I found were these unique flexible animal Iphone cases. I had never seen anything like them before! They're not only ridiculously adorable but they're soft and have plenty of padding to protect your phone. Grand total for each case: twelve well-spent dollars.
  
Next you get a chance, visit your local fleamarket (make sure it's safe though!) and see what treasures you can find! Make sure to share your discoveries with Quirky Trends :D

No comments:

Post a Comment